Friday 29 April 2016

US OIL ;

some thoughts:
two types of trading , volatility and trend.
by my trading experience , i am sure we cannot ride on both.
In that case, often I am caught in between these two.
Now with certain loss remembrances and how I missed my profits,
I have to come to a conclusion, that I have to look at the larger picture of the future trend
 and not to look at short term volatility.

Whether Doha talks fails or US keeping very large inventory, it didnt matter at all: if I
look at short term volatility,I have to concentrate on this.
At the same time, Oil producing countries are hit hard by low oil rates.
by some logical and political manipulation, they have to keep the prices to the level to sustain 
their economies.

Instead of having a bearish or bullish bias, if I move with the oil prices, there will not be 
big draw down in my account.

Then need to set up the indicator to show the real trend, no newspaper reports, big guys
analysis, elliott/ gann/harmonic, whatever the inputs that influences trading decisions.

Based on inputs, I tried to stick to basic MA, MACD, STOCH, RSI and CCI  to look at the trend.
MACD is lagging, STOCH,RSI either too fast or lag looks at volatility but CCI steady and follows the trend and not the volatility.

Out of available CCI indicators, I took MA / CCI ATR indicator and it looks promising to me.
PFA the chart and assess the merit of my article.

xtiusd: 240/18/0 MTF




No comments:

Post a Comment

nifty